Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Bride


I have been blessed with a beautiful wife. I have been blessed with a woman that I consider my best friend. I have been blessed with a woman who has seen me at some of my lowest points in my life, and then was there by my side at my very highest. I have been blessed with a partner that God gave me to share in the making of three of the most beautiful children in the world. I have been blessed with a perfect woman.
I think I gave her a good scare the other day. I have a hard time choosing my words when I try not to upset her. I have always tried to "soften" things when I talk to her. I don't like being scared and I truly don't like scaring her.
I was petrified to tell her what I was feeling.
But, in perfect form, when I did, she was there to hold my hand and prove to me that she was right beside me.

For as long as I can remember Amanda has always wanted to go on a mission trip. Trey, our minister at church, has provided us an opportunity for some folks to go. We have a certain amount of time to get the money raised to get her there. It is what she wants for Christmas. I hope we can do it. This is no secret. Instead of gifts this year from family we are asking for cash to put away into the "mission" fund.

THIS IS NOT me asking you for money...so, please don't! We will be able to raise this and get her there on this much wanted dream of hers. The whole reason I am blogging about it is, is because I am just so excited that I know what I am getting her!

We all know that true love doesn't just happen. We all know that you have to work in a marriage for it to be great. Out of all the things we know to be true that we have to work for, there is one determining factor I think that makes it all possible....It is that you both finally agree that sharing one tube of toothepaste just doesn't work...go ahead and buy each your of your own. HAHAHAHA!!!
I love you Amanda Jill

1 comment:

The Waldrons said...

You the man!!

MJ and I are excited for Amanda and for you of course.