Thursday, November 26, 2009

Poster Child?

I know, I know....Thousands of people get on their blogs and make wild proclamations about doing this or that and not then truly commit to their promise. This however, I hope is not one of them. I can't possibly think of a worse time of year to start this phase of my life, but, then again, that is how our Maker works. It was me, if I remember correctly; standing in my den floor one day screaming at the top of my lungs, "I never get sick and I won't ever get sick!" --I am still laughing about that moment.
However, with Amanda's help and the kids, I have decided to become an active participant in this thing called ITP. It doesn't look I am gonna shake it, but can live with it and in fact live with it better than I was living before I had it. It is gonna take some grit, dirt, and hard-work, but I am ready to give it a go. I told Amanda the other day that I wanted to beat it. Thing is you can't....you just can only be stronger than it.
To be honest, I am not scared or worried. I just pray for the strength and support to be the best I can be when an outbreak comes.
If you know of any advice, websites, info, life-changing diets, or workouts please let me know. I really am open to any and all suggestions. I have always lived a life of gluttony when it comes to food and drink. I (we) are fixing to have to learn to live a little different in the KP house. I know we can. With God's help and that of family and friends I know we can do this.
On a note of when it starts....that is a good question. Failing to plan is planning to fail, I know this, and that is why that Monday may be the official day of the POSTERCHILD-fame pursuit. We need a few days to figure somethings out and do some research.
I don't know why I feel compelled to write this to the entire world. Maybe this another tool I will and can use in the coming days and months. I have never, ever, been able to accomplish a goal this lofty.
Wish me luck.
POSTSCRIPT: I really really really like to eat. The weight I am at and the goal "weight" I am looking for will come later. Once I get the game plan set up and the lifestyle eating thing going I will keep everyone updated. Here is a little hint of how bad things on my body are right now: For fun, we sat around the living room at DAR's and measured my swollen steroided belly: 56 inches....56 inches....
56. That right there is enough to get you guys coming back and reading my blog. I can be your "Biggest loser- pill head, local version" hahahha
Have a great big 56 day!

2 comments:

Marsha Meacham said...

You know I will do anything I can to help you. You are and will be stronger than anything that is before you. Love you

Alana said...

So glad you put this out there! I have not told many people of a goal that I have set for myself and you just made me realize that if I tell everyone then it will force me to reach it. Your an inspiration...Thanks KP! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you on your journey :)