Wednesday, October 29, 2008

been awhile...


If you know me at all and been around me much you probably know that I have a little sister that I am extremely proud of. She is 8 years younger than I. We are very close. We always have been. My wife says that we are just alike. I have to disagree. I am way cooler and smarter than she is. Speaking of smart, she is fixing to graduate from dental school. If she thinks I am going to call her Dr. she has another thing coming. That is a title for highly educated, noble people with a high intelligence. That can't be my sister. The sister that I know is sitting at the table with her hair in her food, her room is a pig's den, and she is annoying the crap out of me. This is the girl who told her 1st or 2nd grade teacher that I was mean and abusive to her just to get out of a spelling quiz. I could really go on and on about that child...
But honestly, I am so very proud of her. She graduated 2nd in her class from Burk High, she was an all state volleyballer, got a full academic ride to Texas A&M, got accepted to dental school in Houston, and is now graduating this May to practice her craft in Wichita Falls. And did I mention that she is absolutely beautiful. My wife and her are great friends. I love this picture of them. I am so lucky that my wife loves her and truly considers her a sister.
Her birthday is coming up Nov. 8th. I can still vividly remember the night she was born. Exmouth, Australia is where we were. That was the night that I met my baby sister. I was proud then, and I am proud now. I love you, Tonya!

4 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

how sweet!!! you're right, tonya is awesome!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

That is so sweet! Happy Birthday, Tonya! Oh, and I personally think you're way cooler and smarter than your big bro because you're an AGGIE!! Class of 2001, Whoop!

Marci said...

You are so sweet. It sounds like your sister was pretty smart and creative to get out of her spelling quizes!

Grannijan said...

My favorite son...you are so sweet behind that big exterior, principal man! I have been blessed with the 2 most amazing children and couldn't be more proud of both of them! I love you all so much!