Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dallas Cowboys




I have been watching these guys for a long time. For as long as I can remember I have been an avid fan. The first quarterback I can remember watching play was Danny White. I can remember being really upset when the Boys lost. To this day I still get a little upset when they lose. Like tonight, to the Cardinals. I am better now, but when I was younger I would get so worked up and it seemed like my week didn't go very well if the Cowboys lost on Sunday. I am really ready for another Cowboy Super Bowl. It has been awhile. I am not a fanatic, but I do like it when they win. I like watching Romo and his boys, but, I miss Troy (so does my wife). I loved watching Emmitt, Micheal, Newton, Norton, Harper, Jay, and the Moose. Man, those were the days. My favorite Cowboy moment was when they beat the Steelers like a drum in the Super Bowl. The Steelers had a hyped up defense under the play of linebacker Greg Lloyd. I can remember one play in particular when big Nate Newton pulled on a SCAT play and pancaked him...Awesome. What are some of your favorite Dallas Cowboy memories?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have Danny White and Charlie Water's autograph....HUGE HUGE fan...Call me crazy...

Ryan Mills said...

i'm not a huge cowboys fan. however, they are from texas therefore i guess i root for them above all others. my dad, however, is a huge cowboys fan. most of my memories of them involve the battles with the redskins throughout the years. they've lost 2 games this year, neither of which they should have, and one of them was to the redskins. but above all else, my nightmare as a child was John Riggins.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

donna, did you get those at white's?? was that the name of the store?? they were in c-town and we went to see them too!!!
troy holds a special place in my heart...nothing compared to erik...at one time i would have left you for him, but those days are ssooo behind us now!! :) xoxoxox

Ginger Wilson said...

Anytime Daryl Johnston was shown on camera was one of my favorite Cowboy moments!!! Not really....(uh, yeah, really)

I have always watched the Cowboys and absolutely love them. I think the era of Aikman, Smith, Irving, Johnston, Newton, Novacek, Lett....had to be the most fun in my time of watching them.

What the heck is wrong with Mills? Not a huge Cowboy fan?