Saturday, December 6, 2008

OUCH!!!!!


So I am at work Friday and start to get a little uncomfortable in my lower back. No big deal, I have occasional back pain and thought it would pass... But boy howdy was I wrong!
It is all pretty comical now...but at the time I thought I had a alien in my kidney trying to cut himself out of my back.
I am not joking, worst pain I have ever had. I couldn't get comfortable and honestly thought I was in trouble. So much trouble in fact, that I limped to the gym to get my B.I.L. to take me to the E.R...but, the pain let up and I only went to see my friend Peter Jones at the Family Clinic. Pete took care of me. Gave me a C.T. scan and discovered that my alien was only a 3 mil. sized stone. Big enough for me to pass on my own. I hope I passed it. I don't know if I did, but I feel fine. I really don't want that pain again. If I do, I will know what it is and will instantly get in the fetal position and weep like a baby.
I am really embarrassed by the whole deal. I do appreciate everyones calls and concerns. I just wish no one knew about it. Of course when I am lying in the Assistant's Principal office floor rolling in pain in front of God and everybody it is hard to keep it hush-hush.

4 comments:

Ryan Mills said...

i hear kidney stones are about as bad as it gets in terms of pain. hope it's gone. i've never had one thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

we just called bc we wanted to know if we could have out on monday if you were in the hospital...JUST KIDDING..
glad you are better....

The Waldrons said...

Was it a boy or a girl? Sorry I missed you on the floor in my office. Seriously, I am glad it is over, and hope it never comes back. Lets have a good ten days and finish strong.

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so sorry. I know that you were also looking forward to this weekend...take care of yourself...steph