Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation

It is here...Finally. At the end of the day or the year I am filled with a lot of questions about how the year went. We had a lot of great times and some not-so great. I hope that I always kept the best interest of the kids in mind when I made any decision. One of the tough things about being in the position I am in is, you always wonder what people think of the job you are doing...It is only natural to seek approval from peers. I have learned so much this year. I have leaned on a bunch of folks along the way...
Thanks Toby-for always letting me ask all those questions. Thanks also for knowing what it is like and for the support.
Thanks Marsha- for being a great mentor to me. I hope I can be a good as principal as you some day.
Thanks Mr. Wilson-for having faith in me that I could do this.
Thanks Joe-We need to be sure and start that book next year. (You did a great job this year..."Makin' a good hand!")
Thanks Shelia, Nancy, and Liz-I have no doubt that I couldn't do it without you.
Thanks John-For lending an ear and letting me vent.
Thanks CHS Staff-You guys are awesome!!! It is so humbling to watch you teach these kids and care for them as much as you do.
Most importantly, thanks Amanda-At the end of every day you are my number one fan. I am truly the luckiest person in the world. You caught it somedays and I apologize for that. Thank-you for saying yes and having faith in me.
Hope everyone has a great summer!

4 comments:

honeyma said...

Here I am up at 1:30 in the morning reading blogs. I'd like to compliment you on a good job. From what I hear, the kids like you but also respect you. Carli really likes you. Thank you for doing a good job. I am impressed. Childress is lucky to have you and Amanda in our system.

Fun Family Fitness said...

you are and will do a great job....it is a tough position and I don't envy you and Amanda ... I know that you are thinking of the kids...and that is where your heart and mind needs to be....keep up the good work.... (I can't promise you that is will get easier...but you will always know that you can lean on the people that support you...) steph

Marsha Meacham said...

We have had an awesome year. I have enjoyed working with you and look
forward to many more. Well, maybe not too many for me. You did a fantastic job.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

you are awesome!! it is a privilege to be your wife!! you have done an unbelievable job this year and have faced some TOUGH situations like a champ....hopefully next year will be much calmer! ;) thanks for always striving to do what is best for the kids (big picture) and not be afraid to step on toes when you had to! you make me so proud!!
thanks for asking...
xoxox