Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's your turn....Mrs.


I have had a lot of feedback on my most recent post. I even had some secret wtgs! I really enjoyed them. Honestly, I was a bit surprised. But, then again....I am a brilliant writer. HA!
So to continue with this marriage advice kick that I am on, I am needing some help...
Wives, please post your advice for...well,...wives. I gave my two cents worth for the man, now let me know your suggestions to help a marriage.
I guess the comment area down there at the bottom of this post is what you need to click. And then of course after that write in the comment box. And then of course you will need to publish it...so...what you waiting for...Oh, you are wanting us guys to read your minds? I see, we are already suppose to know...what?...You don't want us to know?...Oh I see...
JUST TELL US WHAT YOU WANT US TO DO!!!!!!!
Lol...I am so funny...
Seriously. Just leave some suggestions...please.

4 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

good idea...but you already know what i want and need!! ;) maybe i will get some new ideas from the comments left!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Here are the things that come to mind immediately:

1.) Be the spiritual leader in the household...be the one that motivates the family to study and go to church on a regular basis.

2.) Reassure your wife that everything is going to be okay. Even if you aren't sure, tell her it will be!

3.) Don't be lazy! A woman wants a man who will get things done and won't sit around the house and watch while she tries to get things done! If you say you're going to fix such-and-such, do it, and in a timely manner.

4.) When your wife has moments (or days) or insanity, let her be. Don't question or get defensive, just let her be "crazy"...it will go away and then she'll be back to her normal self. But sometimes she will just need to vent to you and it will sound nutty!

5.) Every once in a while, surprise her with a gift you know she's wanted or needed, but that you know she doesn't think you know about. This will show her you've REALLY listened to her (even when her stories are boring...lol, I laughed at that one when I read your list to Richard the other night)!

If I think of any more I'll come back!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, I just thought of one...

1.) Spend quality time with your wife. This is especially true when you CHOOSE to spend time with her, rather than something you would love to do, like golf, ride horses, or practice roping (those would be R's choices). This means the WORLD to her!

2.) Plan something special and tell your wife you have it ALL taken care of and she doesn't have to do a thing! Women are planners, and multi-taskers, so when you take the initiative and plan an outing (even if it is just dinner and ice cream or a movie) it shows her you're thinking outside of your little box.

granny f said...

it's easy -
if you want to be treated like a queen - treat him like a king (or vice versa)