Saturday, January 9, 2010

169


Went to the ole' Dr. the other day and my platelet count was 169,000...very normal..
No more meds, no more infusions! YES!
I will go back on January 27th. for him to tell me I am ACUTE and not chronic...Fingers crossed.
In a couple of blogs ago, I mentioned that I was in need of working out to help curb the side effects of the dreaded Predisons. Those stupid drugs have transformed my face and other parts of my body in a very unappealing way. I am on day 4 of no meds, and I am a little frustrated cause I can't see any change...Patience, I guess.
Cody has been meeting me up at the gym in a.m. and I am up to 1 1/2 miles every MWF..Resistance training to start this week.-I guess Rome wasn't built in a day...

In other news, my good dog Midnite was killed the other night. Very sad. I have had a heck of a time with dogs. I think I will take it easy for a while in the dog business.
I wasn't emotional at all with the loss of the family dog. What made me sad was telling the kids. It breaks my heart to see their hearts break. Kristen Jill was the most visibly upset. I sure hope she doesn't ask me for another one.-Cause, knowing myself like I do...I'll cave, and we will have another dog. Maybe I can talk her into a gold fish.
School is going good. Hard to believe we are moving along this fast. Basketball is in district play and both teams look to have a good year.
Amanda and I are looking into a little business venture. We are just scratching the surface in "looking". We want to really research all aspects of it first. Wish us luck. More news to follow on this deal.

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Let me guess...TACO BELL!!! :)

And in all seriousness...I'm so sorry to hear about Midnight. You know I have a soft spot in my heart for pups!

Alana said...

Great job on the working out! You guys are doing great!

Amy said...

I won't tell Kate you are a softy on the dog issue cause you know she can't keep a secret from Miss Kristen!:) Sorry to hear about Midnight. So sad!

Glad to see you're still blogging!:)