Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New year!
What a year...You know we always say that every year?

Anyway, It has been another year. Time to start over...but, not really. For me and others in the school business we kinda seem to track years by school calendar years. For example we refer to years past not as a single number like 08...or 03. Instead we classify past years by 05-06, or 09-10. And if you are a coach you classify past years as seasons. And if your a basketball coach whose season is in the middle of the change well, then...who knows how you do it.-You guys probably don't even know what year it is because all you can think of is BASKETBALL!!!

I had my last treatment. I'm not off of all my medication, but close. I am frustrated by what the steroids are doing to my body. I am ready to rid myself of that man-made stupid, helpful, body-swelling, irratable drug!
Enough of that.

Resolutions: 1. Secret-I can't tell you.
Best of 09: 1. Had a wake up call with my health
2. Had a new Nephew born
3. Sister moved to Wichita Falls
4. Celebrated another year with my smoking-hot, loving, best-wife
5. A whole year of being Kris, Katy, and David's Dad
6. Sister got engaged
7. Got a new brother in law
8. Cowboys made the playoffs!

Since some of you have proven to me that you are reading, how about I ask you to respond with either a "resolution" or a "Best Part of 09" comment.

8 comments:

granny f said...

best of'09 - blessed with an abundance of His miracles :)

grannijan said...

nice blog my son!! I have decided that we will NOT have black-eyed peas tomorrow. It has not helped in several years, so tomorrow we shall have pork chops, mashed taters and green bean casserole, ok? You need to show me how to start a blog. I think I'm ready. haha

Ginger Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger Wilson said...

Best of '09 for me was meeting the sister my Dad had given up way before I was born. We were instant friends and have become really close friends. We either talk/text/Facebook/email just about every single day!

I enjoy reading your blog and wish the very best for you and your family in 2010!

Jenschke Family said...

I didn't make resolutions this year, just promises to myself. I tend to let it all pile on me and then am bitter for things not being the way I want. Have to work on that this year.

My promises:

1. To make 2010 better than 2009
2. To plan my future instead of letting the chips fall where they may
3. To have more quality time with my family (not TV)
4. To fight for what my family deserves

Anonymous said...

You do a good job on your blog. I might learn to like this (a little bit). Would much rather talk too you in person or at least on the phone. Old habits die hard.
We hope you are taking better care of your health.. You've got a long road ahead of you.
Don't push us to the back burner. We love hearing from you. We will try to do better, too. Love you, gigi

Leslie said...

Hey KP, my new years goal is to write a book, write my blog and read yours now. Good to see you writing. Funny you found me on Facebook, and here I am on your blog. I look forward to reading all about it. Thanks, Leslie Murrell

Unknown said...

The best part of '09 was getting a new grandson....Jacob!! The cutest baby ever born!!