Monday, December 28, 2009

facebook vs. blogging

Okay, okay...has facebook taken over blogging? I have been blogging more than ever and I don't think anybody is reading anymore. I mean, am I that bad of a writer? Why is no one commenting on my posts? Maybe, no one is reading anymore.
So, having said that, I am fixing to close up shop.
Seriously, I like to blog, I like to read what I write. But, apparently, I am the only one.
This is not an attempt to get you to respond. Yes, yes it is...
I am about to make an idle threat...if you don't know what that is, ask my wife and kids.
Here it goes:
If I don't get at least 8-9 comments on this particular posts I am calling it quits with blogging....
so POST a stinkin' comment, or nice comment..
I will check back in a few.
Have a nice day, and if I don't hear from you....I understand. I can take it...

PS: For those of you that comment on my facebook side of this thank-you, for those of you that read the notes then open a new tab and check out my blog, thank-you...all I am asking is that you leave a comment. or 8-9....later.

9 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Me first, me first! Don't quit! See, you do have a reader (and I know you have more). Plus, who cares if others read. I love to blog because I can look back years later and see where my life was at that moment. I've been at it for over 3 years now and it's amazing to read about my life then. Plus, my memory is awful, so it serves that purpose, too. Keep it up, KPIWF!

Marsha Meacham said...

Your blogs are always soooo well written that I feel inferior writing a response. I agree with Charla, write for yourself. I have a blog set up,"Out of the Mouths of Babes" (cute things my grandbabies say)just can't bring myself to post anything. I'm like, "Who really cares what an old Nonnie thinks is cute." I have decided bloggin' is for you 'younguns' Enjoy your week.

Amy said...

I know how you feel! MOST of my Childress readers have vanished! I've blogged about my love/hate relationship with facebook before on my blog and I'm glad I'm not the only one that see's it! I used to get at least 10 or 15 comments a post and now I'm lucky to get 4! I have a feeling that the readers are still there, they just wish there was a LIKE button! It takes alot more time to stop and leave a comment!!:)

So, here's my comment! DOn't quit! Don't quit!

Amy said...

If I comment twice does it count for 2?

:)

Will said...

Thanks for the comments...only 5 more...hahah, I am pititful! Seriously, thanks for the nice comments..I haven't exactly been leaving posts on others either...so I will officially get better at that.

Unknown said...

I always read your posts....I'm just not good at commenting. I feel the same way about the blogging/facebook thing. It's just easier to post a quick comment on FB, but I love reading everyone's blog.It seems like I have to make time to write one where as on FB, it just takes a minute and you don't have to plan it out. I vote for you to keep writing your blog!!

smithfamily99 said...

KP - I read your posts, I just don't comment. Keep blogging, it allows you to share more than FB. Do it for yourself and your family if for nothing else! look into Blurb too... it is a company that can bound all your blog posts into a book.. I have looked into doing a blurb book annually so my kids have pictures and stories.

granny f said...

Have you tried giving away good stuff? Like, oh, I don't know - maybe a big 'ol gift card to Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop? Maybe, maybe not...
Really, some of us just read and never comment, but we're reading.

Jenschke Family said...

Sorry Erick....I read your blog religiously, but rarely make comments because you have normally said it all.

Use your blog as a journal instead of a way to converse. It is a great way to "talk" to yourself without others thinking you are crazy! LOL

Keep up, man!